FCOM SuperPack Den Forum Index

FCOM SuperPack Den
The Ultimate Oblivion and Fallout3/NV modpacks: complete, updated and user friendly!
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

====> INSTALLATION + Wrye Bash Guide <====
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FCOM SuperPack Den Forum Index -> DOWNLOAD + Installation

Guaner

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
MocBodkaHal wrote:
In my humble opinion ver 5.0 installation instruction misses one important step.

3a) Enter Wrye Bash and select mods, by putting check marks at the left. <A sentence describing which mods to select goes here>

Without this step, most mods are disabled, at least in my experience.

I don't know for sure which mods must be selected, so I did not write the 2nd sentence

Well, as you introduced a "Merged Patch.esp" in Version 6.4, I guess you don't have to activate all mods anymore. Could you please provide a list with which mods not to activate?

I think Wrye Bash even lets you create such a list automatically. That list, you could put in the WB folder, than it's much easier to rebuild the Patch.

Thanks for all your work.
Adv

Danwood

Guru
Guru

Admin

italy
Wait for next patch, i'll give an option to automatically switch between merged and non-merged installations.

this is a preview:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
Guaner

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
Well, I do like the idea of merging patches. I guess I'm quite capable of using WB myself, but I do need to know which esps are in the merged patches.esp in order to use WB an rebuild the bashed patch. When I opended WB almost none of the esps were selected. (I guess that might have to do with me fooling around with mTES4 which allows you to have more than one oblivion installed and hence mor than one mod setup.) I actually do want to add one of two quest mods (hence my need to rebuild the bashed patch...
I really love that installing your FSP is so easy. Thanks so much for that.
Danwood

Guru
Guru

Admin

italy
Guaner wrote:
Well, I do like the idea of merging patches. I guess I'm quite capable of using WB myself, but I do need to know which esps are in the merged patches.esp in order to use WB an rebuild the bashed patch. When I opended WB almost none of the esps were selected. (I guess that might have to do with me fooling around with mTES4 which allows you to have more than one oblivion installed and hence mor than one mod setup.) I actually do want to add one of two quest mods (hence my need to rebuild the bashed patch...
I really love that installing your FSP is so easy. Thanks so much for that.

You can know which mods are merged by watchin at mods totally disabled (not the imported mods), the ones totally blank, with no "+" or "" before their name in Wrye bash (not OMBB!!).

BTW, after v6.4.1 it'll be much more easy
Guaner

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
Well, normally, yes, but my Wrye Bash screwed up and all of them were totally blank, when I opened it for the first time after installing FSP... That's why I am asking.
Danwood

Guru
Guru

Admin

italy
Are you able to locate the files Plugins.txt that determines the esp actived?

It is usually in users->YOUR NAME->Local Files->Oblivion depending on your OS, which OS you have?

BTW i'm compiling a list of exp that should be actived in the merged version
Guaner

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
Ah, got it. :-9 Thanks!
overide

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
I fixed my corrupted world map by just running the patch again.

It still keeps saying I can't travel faster from my current location, though, no matter where I am.
SteelThunder13

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

dominicanrep
Can someone help me? Ive reinstalled the pack twice over already and each time when I check the load order nothing is checked, only default the oblivion .esm file. can someone give me a list of wich esp/esm's to tick on and wich to leave off?
Cantrip58

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

Interests: Damn near Everything Interesting

australia
SteelThunder13 wrote:
Can someone help me? Ive reinstalled the pack twice over already and each time when I check the load order nothing is checked, only default the oblivion .esm file. can someone give me a list of wich esp/esm's to tick on and wich to leave off?

Sounds like a Wrye BASH problem to me.

I'll try to help, but I don't have a working installation on my computer at the moment; just a clean Oblivion Install awaiting the version 7 that's supposed to be released sometime soon.

This is going to be attempted from somewhat distant memory, and the instructions may be a bit vague.

1. Fire-up Wrye BASH.

2. Go to the tab were the individual mods are listed.

3. Note the header directly over the names of the mods.

4. Right-click on this header, and a menu should open. Find "sort by load order" (or something similar) and click on it.

5. Check off ALL of the mods installed in the column beneath the header.

6. Highlight all of the mods that you just checked off.

7. Right-click anywhere on these highlighted mods, and a menu should open. You're now looking for an option to mark the mods as mergable. Make sure ALL of the mods are marked as mergable.

8. If you completed item #4, then something similar to "Bashed Patch.esp" should be at the very bottom of the list.

9. Right click on this ESP file, and there should be something similar to "rebuild BASHed Patch". Do it.

10. You will notice that some of the mods in the list above the BASHed Patch have become UNchecked. This is as it should be; Leave them this way !!!!

I'm not guaranteeing this will work; just an educated guess on my part.

I have noticed in the documentation that Danwood is using something called CBASH, which I have no experience with; so I may be a bit off with my instructions. Or, they could still be correct.

I don't see how it could hurt to try this, and it stands a pretty good chance of fixing your problem.
Slayer

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
Hello

I got the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition RETAIL version (NOT STEAM).
I can install the game just fine with all the addons and dlcs, it runs fine no problems.
I downloaded the super pack and followed everything but i cant start the game.
When i click on the obse_loader.exe as massage pops up that tell me to start the from steam.
But this is the retail version that makes no sense.

Full error massage:
"You are trying to use a Steam version of Oblivion. Steam users should launch the game through Steam, not by running obse_loader.exe. If OBSE fails to load, go to Steam > Settings > In Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam community in game". Please see the instructions in obse_readme.txt for more information."

Please help me
klinsk

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

belgium
I installed it according to the guide, when I start the game it crashes to desktop. I tried launching through OBMM, Wrye Bash and some others. Conflicting mods?
billcox33

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
thanks
arenovalis

Nuovo
Nuovo

Iscritti

italy
Cool job, thanks.