FCOM SuperPack Den Forum Index

FCOM SuperPack Den
The Ultimate Oblivion and Fallout3/NV modpacks: complete, updated and user friendly!
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady still isn’t playing great
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FCOM SuperPack Den Forum Index -> General Discussions/Suggestions

liny195

Apprendista
Apprendista

Iscritti

usa
The Patriots have now scored 76 points in the past seven days.Their offense seems to be clicking and everything is working right now. Or is it? There’s one guy who just hasn’t looked totally right yet. He is the most important player on the team
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
, and possibly the best player in the league. His name is Tom Brady.Some people will say it’s his age, and some will say it’s because some weapons have been out. I think it’s probably a combination of many things, those being two of them. I also think he’s trying to build a rapport with new guys like Josh Gordon, Jacob Hollister, and Sony Michel. The Patriots have also been pretty predictable so far, which allows defenses to be confident in the defense they’re choosing. Whatever the reasons, Brady has been off the first five games of the season. His interception number is higher than normal, but both of his on Thursday night were both good passes that were dropped and wound up being picked off. Even still, six interceptions through five games is startling. Forget the pace
, but the last time he threw more than nine interceptions in a season was 2013, and he’s only done it three times since 2006. Even without the interception numbers, just go off the eye test. He’s missed throws to open receivers, and just flat out hasn’t seen other players open on the field. Do I think this means he’s about to fall off the proverbial cliff? Not at all. I bring it up for two reasons:1.) It bears watching. If for some reason Brady never shakes off the rust and looks like the Brady of last year and countless other years, then the Patriots are obviously in trouble.2.) Imagine how good this offense will be when Tom is firing on all cylinders!! With Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, Josh Gordon, and James White, it’s impossible to play man coverage against the Patriots.And we should all know by now
, if you play zone against Brady, he will shred you. Assuming that Brady gets back to his previous level, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC. With the way the defense has played the last two weeks, combined with the offense they will have, I don’t know how beats them.Brady gets another chance to really take off next Sunday against the Chiefs, who’s offense has been amazing, but who’s defense has really struggled. That should be a good thing for the Patriots and especially Brady.The game could have potential home field advantage implications, so it would be a great time for Tom to finally play a great game this year. If he does, the rest of the league better look out. Pat is the host of the Weekend Warrior PodcastInteract with him on Twitter @wtplane When the clock struck zero at Gillette Stadium
, the Patriots claimed victory over the previously unbeaten Chiefs, 43-40. What everybody thought would be an explosive game was just that. This game had it all, from quick strikes to long drives. I don’t know how everyone else feels, but I want round two. I know we’ve got a long season still ahead of us, but how fun was that game?Here are four quick-hit thoughts about the contest:1. This was just a shootout, plain and simple. The defenses on both sides were less than stellar in this game. What worries me is the Chiefs we’re missing key contributors on their defense like Justin Houston and Eric Berry to name a few. In a likely match-up come playoff time they’ll be suited up while the Patriots defense got shredded in this game. 2. What the Patriots have going for them on defense is time. Where the Patriots defense wasn’t spectacular in this game the offense showed up in a big way. Leading the attack for the Patriots Tom Brady (340 yards, 1 TD) showed while at his age of 41 he’s still capable of doing what Brady does. I would describe the QB match-up as old Lion vs new Lion. Give the old Lion time on the clock with a chance and you can bet he’s gonna come through in the end.3. Speaking of new Lion: Sony Michel, he’s been outstanding of late. What a difference a few weeks makes around here. How can you not be impressed by what he’s accomplished in his rookie season so far? I’m not gonna go into the whole “he sucks,” that we all heard on Boston Sports talk. What’s the point in that when he’s doing his talking on the field? I think we’re all seeing a legitimate threat in the backfield to go along with Mr. Consistent James White. If the two complement each other well going forward this offense can become lethal.4. Something to keep a eye on this week will be the health of Marcus Cannon as the Patriots take on the Bears this week
, who themselves have a pretty nasty defense – one much better than what the Patriots saw against the Chiefs. The right tackle will be closely monitored as Khalil Mack can wreak absolute havoc on you.I think after the game we all need to exhale, and enjoy what we’ve got. With us being Patriots fans it goes with the territory of expecting a win, but make no mistake about it – despite the Chiefs’ playoff failures, they’ll be back. We always hear there’s a difference between regular season KC and playoffs KC. I think we just saw a preview of the AFC conference finals. What a wild season it’s been already, and we’re not even at the halfway point. I love this game and the Pats. As always you can follow me on Twitter @Chris_Blackey. Like I always say – Go, Pats!鉁
Adv

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady still isn’t playing great